Thursday, September 2, 2010

Contests

Not mine, but ones I've won.  And one I hope to win.

I'm sharing this, not only because it's awesome that I've won a couple of contests in the last week (even though it most definitely is awesome), but also because the blogs I've won these contests off of are pretty awesome themselves.

The first book I won was The Demon in Me (A Living in Eden Novel) by Michelle Rowen.  Margaret Fisk held the contest on her blog, Tales to Tide You Over.  Definitely a Blog you want to check out, for she posts a lot of different things, from interesting links she's come across each week, to book reviews, and thoughts about writing.  Her blog also links easily to her website, which also has a lot of good links and tools for those with writing interests.  Plus, she says that she might be holding more contests in the future, so well worth repeated visits.

The second book I managed to win is The Body Finder (though she didn't name the author, I believe it is The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting).  This prize comes from a giveaway on The Secret Life of a Bibliophile.  Her blog is mostly reviews and discussions about books she's read, but just going through some of her recent posts, I've found a number of books to add to my to-read list.  Never mind the contests she seems to hold with regularity, it's well worth checking her blog out simply to find something new to read.

And with those two wins, we come to the contest I am currently entered in and hoping to win something.  Wringing out Words, a blog written by soon to be published Shannon Mayer, is holding a contest this week where you can win books or coffee (in the form of Starbucks gift certificates).  I mean, how awesome is that?

I found her, and her blog, via Twitter as she was promoting this contest, and let me tell you, I am very glad I did so far.  She has recently scored herself an agent, who is about to start sending her novel out to publishers.  But by finding her at this time, I've also found an author I'll follow, likely for many years to come, since she writes Urban Fantasy, with a bit of traditional and science fiction.

So check out these women, these blogs.  I'm sure you'll find at least one thing of interest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering my contest Jessica! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete