Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trying a new method

So, my writing hasn't been going all that well lately.  I've had some ideas, but by the time I sit down to write no motivation.  Not very productive.  At the same time, I've also started a few crochet projects, started at not come anywhere close to finishing.  I'll be sitting watching TV, laptop on my lap, knowing I should be writing but not feeling overly motivated.  Because I know I should be writing, something, anything, my crochet stays in its bag, not getting any closer to being finished either.

This led me to a totally different idea.  What if I could write, without having to actually type and lose motivation, and at the same time get crochet projects done?  This led me to splurge, quite a bit more than I had originally planned, but so far it seems to have been working out quite well.  I bought Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10, preferred because I could get it on sale cheaper than standard, surprisingly enough.  If I'm not mistaken, I think that I actually have done more writing since getting this program Saturday morning than I have done in, I'm not sure how long.  And to top it all off,from the very start, it seems to have been far more accurate than I would have honestly expected.

I know that this program would not be for everyone, there's no way that everyone would be able to benefit from it like this.  But at least for me, at this point in my writing and my life, this seems to be just a perfect.  Pretty much exactly what I need.  I just hope that this keeps up, and I continue to produce as much as I have so far in just a couple days.

And yes, this entire post has been written using Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment