Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNo and Scrivener

So NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, next Monday morning at this time, writers in our time zone would have been able to have been working on their novels for 7 hours already. So close, and yet at the same time so far away.

I'm very eager to get started on my novel, to get the first words down on paper (or rather on the screen), but at the same time I know that I don't have my entire 50,000 words plotted out, and I'm kind of worried about that. But at the same time, I do still have a whole week left to finish that planning.

And a week to figure out Scrivener.

Yes, that's right, they are developing a version of Scrivener for Windows, and to make it even better, they are releasing a Beta version in time for people to have a bit of time to figure it out before November 1st.

I've heard some really good things about Scrivener, about how great it is to work with when you're writing novels, and I've looked at the screen shots and the videos. The cork board part of it, in particular, looks amazing to me. I've been using Liquid Story Binder for the past year (got it just before NaNoWriMo last year), and I like it, but from what I've seen, Scrivener looks so much more...user friendly for me.

So who out there is doing NaNo this year? Got your story planned out? I'd love to hear what you're thinking of doing while I'm waiting for them to release the Beta of Scrivener later today.

1 comment:

  1. Um, yeah--I totally love Scrivener. I'm sure you will, too! I'm picking up a WIP I started back in mid-summer, so I'm classified as a Nano Rebel, but I'm planning on adding no less than 50K to this project!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete