Friday, August 20, 2010

The intelligence of...flies?

So, apparently there was a fly buzzing around the house last night.  Luckily, I was at work, so I didn't have to see my husband going nuts trying to catch it.  I did, however, call him in the middle of his 'hunt', and he had a rather interesting idea.

Actually, it started with him complaining that the fly (and flies in general) seem to want to land only on things that either you can't reach, or things you don't want to hit when you're swatting at them, such as a light or the TV.  I replied at this point that I really doubted that flies were that smart, that they probably just landed on the TV because of the light from it.  He asked what if they were that smart, flies have been around for a very long time, after all.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think that flies are at all smart, but what if?  Flies have been around for such a long time, if they were intelligent, what kinds of things could they be up to?  What might they have created?  Despite their short lives, could they possibly on par with us humans intellectually and technologically, if not even more advanced?

Oohh, the ideas....

No comments:

Post a Comment